When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
SECTION ENGINEER OC, D4: SERITI COAL, NEW VAAL COLLIERY, FREE STATE
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role involves the management of Seriti Coal’s engineering assets, resources and infrastructure through the planning of long
and short-term availability of machinery and equipment, and the organising and management of resources to achieve planned production targets:
- Ensure that legal requirements, codes of practices, group standards, procedures and policies are updated, implemented, adhered to and that changes to legal requirements are communicated
- Optimise planned maintenance in support of production targets through providing technical expertise to the mining
- operation teams, co-ordinate planned maintenance and major overhauls / shutdowns and investigate, monitor and eliminate causes of breakdowns
- Effective people management, ensuring that roles are well defined and clarified and that competencies and learning paths are developed to human capacity and capability
- Effective project management of engineering projects and Asset Optimisation initiatives, ensuring best practice research, implementation and knowledge sharing
- Financial budgeting & management
- Effectively manage contractors and suppliers relationships, ensuring compliance to Seriti Coal standards
You will need:
- Degree or National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) Mine and Works
- Registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- Completed a structured Engineering Internship program or min 5 years of experience as an Engineering Foreman / GES
- Solid experience in managing OC production sections machinery
- In depth understanding of relevant safety and mining legislation including: The Mine Health and Safety Act; Minerals and Energy Acts
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of technical engineering aspects such as OEM’s and SABS / SANS standards
- A good knowledge of machinery and equipment used on the relevant operations
- Flameproofing and gas testing knowledge
- Understanding of engineering best practices and new technologies relating to relevant engineering principles & processes
- Understanding of Environmental standards
- Proven technical and maintenance management capability
- Project management and report writing skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license
- Membership of any other South African Engineering Association
- Safety Courses
- Management Development Programme or the equivalent
Ref No: NVC043/23GS
Closing date: 19 May 2023
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s
license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets. All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.