When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
ENROLLED NURSE (or NURSING ASSISTANT), B UPPER: SERITI POWER, KHUTALA COLLIERY, KLIPSPRUIT COLLIERY & MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to perform medical screening tests, provide primary care and maintain occupational health standards to ensure the smooth running of the Health Centre
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conducting basic duties within the Scope for Enrolled Nurse and or Nursing Assistant as allocated by the Health Centre Superintendent
- Ensuring excellent client and customer care in accordance with Seriti Coal and client service standards
- Conduct screening tests
- Ensuring quality care for patients
- Assist with administrative duties in the centre
- Treatment room stocked and tidy
- Emergency Medical response
- Effectively manage own development
- Participate in all safety, health and environmental, infection control and quality programmes (Cohsasa)
You will need:
- Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse or a Nursing Assistant
- Current registration and in good standing with South African Nursing Council (SANC) as an Enrolled Nurse or Nursing Assistant
- Shall be trained in audiometry, spirometry, vision screening and multi-drug testing
- Medical database experience
- Experience in Coal mining industry
- Experience in HIV Counselling and Testing
- In depth understanding of relevant medical legislation including:
- The Mine Health and Safety Act
- Health Act
- Compensation of Occupational Diseases Act
- Occupational Disease in Mines and Works Act
- Nursing Act
- Medicine and Related Substance Act
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to deliver favourable outcomes
- Ability to manage contractors on-site to deliver favourable outcomes
- Excellent understanding of Health Legislative requirement
- Demonstrable drive for results
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively and passionately at all levels
- The ability to challenge, motivate, inspire and influence at all levels to achieve desired Health outcomes
- Ability to present interpret, analyse and report on health data
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Valid Driver’s licence
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
Ref No: VAR065/22SK
Closing date: 29 June 2022
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.