When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
FACEBOSS UG, C UPPER: SERITI COAL, NEW DENMARK COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to ensure the health and safety of the team, ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while safely extracting coal to meet production targets.
- Ensure that Codes of Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Legal Requirements are communicated and adhered to in area of responsibility.
- Execute and achieve agreed operational planning and production targets for area of responsibility.
- Plan, lead, organise and control section of responsibility.
- Supervise, coordinate and motivate the mining team in the area of responsibility.
- The role is Mine Health and Safety Act. appointed in terms of: Section 7 (4) of the MH&SA you are appointed to carry out certain functions of the manager and Minerals Act Regulation 2.9. 2 in force in terms of Schedule 4.4 of the Mine Health and Safety Act 1996 (Act No. 26 of 1996) (“MH&SA”), you are appointed, as a Face Boss, to assist the Manger in enforcing observation of regulations
You will need:
- Grade 12 / English Language and Maths – not literacy (NQF Level 4)
- UG Rock Breaking qualification / UG Blasting Certificate (including Gas Testing, Strata Control and Ventilation)
- Minimum 2 years appointed as a Miner
- Solid knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act, including keeping up to date with any changes to the Act
- Knowledge of safety, health and environmental within the coal mining industry
- Sound knowledge of core value chain and operational codes of practices and procedures
- In-depth knowledge relating to underground mining operations as described in the operations manual for continuous miner operations
- Knowledge of mine planning principles and processes
- Good knowledge of equipment capabilities and operating principles. (Basic operating skills)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Valid driver’s licence – Code 10 (for personnel transporters - buses)
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
- Safety Courses S2 ORMP
Ref No: NDC031/23GS
Closing date: 29 March 2023
Please use Google Chrome as default browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.