When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
PROFESSIONAL NURSE (LEVEL 3) (OHNP), C LOWER: SERITI POWER, KHUTALA COLLIERY, KLIPSPRUIT COLLIERY & MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
To provide an occupational health service in accordance with the relevant legislation and the occupational health policies of Seriti
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide quality customer service delivery within the occupational health centre
- Comply and adhere to legal internal standards and procedures within the occupational health centre
- Processing of contractor/ employee access and activation process at relevant site
- Conduct medical surveillance and data input within Seriti for relevant sites
- Provide input into development and successful implementation of policies and procedures within occupational health centre
- Prepare for and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic acts performed by the OMP
- Implement medical programs (e.g. TB, HIV, Chronic Illnesses) and report problems to the OMP and OHP
- Effective management of primary health care cases
- Adhere to quality assurance standards and programs
- Ensure that all health data are organised, verified and reported on the Health Information Management system
- Assist in managing the governance of the Health centre team
- Monitor and operate within the budget through stock and equipment management
You will need:
- National Diploma/Degree in nursing (NQF Level 7)
- Diploma/BTech Occupational Health Nursing Science
- Current registration and in good standing with South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse and Post Basic Occupational Health Nursing Science
- Minimum of 2 years relevant mining experience post-graduation
- Shall be trained in audiometry, spirometry, vision screening and multi-drug testing
- Shall be in possession of a dispensing license
- Medical database experience
- Experience in Coal mining industry
- Experience in COID Act reporting and administration
- In depth understanding of relevant medical legislation including:
- The Mine Health and Safety Act
- Health Act
- Compensation of Occupational Diseases Act
- Occupational Disease in Mines and Works Act
- Nursing Act
- Medicine and Related Substance Act
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to deliver favourable outcomes
- Ability to manage contractors on-site to deliver favourable outcomes
- Excellent understanding of Health Legislative requirement
- Demonstrable drive for results
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively and passionately at all levels
- The ability to challenge, motivate, inspire and influence at all levels to achieve desired Health outcomes
- Ability to present interpret, analyse and report on health data
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Valid Driver’s licence
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
Ref No: VAR063/22SK
Closing date: 29 June 2022
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.