When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
MINING ACTIVITY ENGINEER, D LOWER: SERITI COAL, KRIEL COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- The Mining Activity Engineer reports to the Section Manager Planning
- Key performance areas will include, but will not be limited to:
- Compiling designs, detailed plans and short-term schedules for major mining activities on the mine
- Compiling of weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reconciliations as part of compliance to plan reporting
- Supply required information for weekly marketing and management plans
- Assist in compiling weekly review (planning) meetings presentation(s), as well as the monthly planning meeting
- Liaising with other Activity Engineers with regards to integration of mine plans
- Liaising with various other departments including, but not limited, Survey, Geology, Environmental, Mining and Engineering
- Assist with annual budget/LOM process
You will need:
- National Diploma / Degree in Mining Engineering or related field (NQF Level 7)
- 3 years’ experience in coal mining or underground mining or mine planning
- Experience with Mine Planning software including, but not limited to, XPAC, 3D-dig, Microstation, Talpac, Dragsim
- Knowledge of underground/opencast mining activities
- An appreciation of legislation relating to the mining industry, as well as applicable procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and variable workload
- Be willing and able to work overtime and over weekends if and when the requirement arises
- Good analytical capabilities
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- A high regard for safety
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, Power-point, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- In possession of a valid Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain one
- Mine Manager’s certificate of competency
Ref No: KRL021/22GS
Closing date: 28 June 2022
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.