When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
ARTISAN AUTO ELECTRICIAN, C LOWER: SERITI POWER, MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
To be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of auto electrical equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, planned and predictive maintenance
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risk on equipment
- Maintain a clean safe worksite
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment
- Coordinates activities associated with troubleshooting and repairing maintenance equipment
- Performs hands-on maintenance support during breakdowns and shutdowns
You will need:
- Recognised Auto Electrician Trade Test Certificate
- Grade 12, Maths (Not Literacy) & Science with a minimum E symbol or N3 with Maths and Science and relevant trade related subjects as per MQA guideline
- N3 = NQF Level 4
- Grade 12 / Matric = NQF level 4
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of VIMS systems, CAT electronic Technician (ET) and the starting and charging systems components and operations
- Extensive knowledge of earthmoving equipment (CAT 993/994 Loaders, Excavators, Graders, 785/777/ADT, Dozers, Overburden PV275 Drills, light vehicles and CAT Twin boom drills)
- Ability and experience to read parts manual and interpret electrical schematic as well as knowledge of electric components like starters, alternators, batteries
- Workshop exposure which includes rebuilding of machines, wiring systems, fault finding and repairs to electrical circuits
- Knowledge of electronic components and systems such as Rig control system (RCS) and Aquila - (screens, joysticks, controllers, proximity switches)
- Air conditioner maintenance and repairs and CANBUS (Modules) experience is essential
- Have sound knowledge of MHSA, safety systems and a high regard for safety, regulations and standards
- Proven excellent safety record
- Display good understanding of equipment & tools and uses thereof
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Code EB Driver’s license
- In possession or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
- Computer literacy and knowledge of SAP
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant maintenance experience and fault finding on CAT machines
Ref No: VUS_MMS1062/22GS
Closing date: 27 March 2023
Please use Google Chrome as default browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.