When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
SECTION MANAGER UG, D UPPER: SERITI COAL, NEW DENMARK COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- Develop, maintain, update and communicate all legal and operational policies, procedures, standards and guidelines relevant to area of responsibility
- Create and implement agreed upon operational planning and production targets, ensuring that integrated operational plans are designed and are practical and executable and supports the Seriti Coal business strategy
- Financial Budgeting & Management
- Effective People management, ensuring that roles are well defined and clarified and that competencies and learning paths are developed to human capacity and capability
- Effective optimisation and asset optimisation of Operational Capabilities through improving standards, support the implementation of new mining methods / technologies and improvement in production, planning and safety
You will need:
- Degree / National Diploma / BSc in Mining Engineering (NQF 7)
- The applicable Rock Breaking qualification
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competency
- Extensive experience in the underground coal mining environment
- Knowledge of mine planning principles and processes
- Experience in assessing management principles around mining and related equipment and associated operational standards and philosophies
- A good knowledge of legislation relating to the mining industry. E.g. Mine, Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and Environmental Legislation, Basic Conditions of Employment and the Labour Relations Act
- Aware of best practices and new technologies relating to the mining industry
- Computer literacy: MS Office
- Valid Certificate of Fitness or able to obtain one
- Valid driver’s licence
- Safety & Risk Management Course
- Management Development Programme
- Sound knowledge of Seriti Coal core value chain and Operational Codes of Practices and Procedures
- Sound knowledge of the Seriti Coal Safety, Health and Environmental Way with regards to policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
Ref No: NDC062/22GS
Closing date: 28 June 2022
Please use Google Chrome as default browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.