When applying please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
SAFETY COORDINATOR, D LOWER: SERITI COAL, KRIEL COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA & NEW VAAL COLLIERY, FREE STATE
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to continuously monitor and analyse safety, health & environment data and systems to minimize and mitigate employee exposure to unsafe and hazardous conditions. The role coordinates the maintenance of SHE systems by conducting daily, weekly and monthly analysis. Reporting the findings to the relevant line manager for action plans to be implemented and maintaining effective procedures and systems
- To conform to legal requirements and duties of 2.17.1.
- Participate in Safety Audits ensuring all logistical arrangements in preparation for the audits are made
- Participate in Operational Issue–based Risk Assessments and compile action plans from risk assessments performed
- Setup, participate and co-ordinate departmental meetings with all necessary stakeholders, including line managers and safety representatives
- Compile reports
- Conduct training and coaching
You will need:
- Diploma/Degree in Safety Management (NQF 7)
- Blasting Certificate or Recognised Trade (advantageous)
- Chamber of Mines Safety Officer Certificate 1 and 2 (COMSOC 1 & 2)
- OHSAS (all courses)
- Learning from incidents investigation (LFI) experience
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience in health and safety in the mining industry
- Experience in mining, engineering or metallurgy will be advantageous
- In depth understanding of relevant safety and mining legislation including: The Mine Health and Safety Act, Mineral Regulations, Occupational Diseases Act, Workman’s Compensation Act
- Understanding of Gas Testing, Flame Proofing, Mechanical Safety and Strata Control
- Good understanding of Operational Risk Management (ORM), safety management theory, behavioural safety and risk management framework procedures and systems
- Knowledge on Safety Management system (OSHAS18001/ISO45001)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
Ref No: KRL032/19GS & NVC031/19GS
Closing date: 29 March 2019
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
NB: Should you encounter a problem uploading your supporting documents, please respond to the system generated email and attach your documents.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.