When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
ARTISAN DIESEL MECHANIC, C3: SERITI POWER, MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
To provide equipment maintenance service, fault finding and equipment condition monitoring in a safe and sustainable manner
- Is responsible for daily maintenance, inspections, major services, Fault-finding and repairs to diesel mining earth moving and support equipment
- Is responsible for engineering technical compliance
- Keep record of inspections, maintenance and repairs conducted to equipment on checklists and job cards
- Identifying, ordering and sorting of spares for machines
- Be able to identify faults and repair defects without supervision
- Maintain good housekeeping in the area of responsibility
- Ensuring that all planning and productivity requirements are achieved
- Perform inspections and work in accordance with the Mine Standards and Procedures and the Mine Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to perform in a safe and controlled manner
- Must be prepared to work shifts, overtime and standby duties
- Recognized Diesel Mechanic Trade Test Certificate
- Grade 12 with Math (Not Literacy) & Science, minimum E symbol with relevant two N2 Trade related subjects as per MQA guideline or N2 with four relevant trade related subjects as per MQA guideline
- Grade 12 with Math (Not Literacy) & Science, minimum E symbol with four N2 relevant trade related subjects as per MQA guideline
- Display good understanding of equipment and tools and uses thereof
- Have sound knowledge of MHSA, safety systems and a high regard for safety, regulations, and standards
- Proven excellent safety record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to cope effectively with pressure in a production environment, be innovative and a self-starter
- Be able to work in a team
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- In possession or able to obtain a valid Certificate of Fitness
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on CAT earthmoving equipment maintenance environment and Mechanical Fault-finding (CAT 993/994 Loaders, Excavators, Graders, 789/785/777/ADT, Pit Viper drills, diesel pumps, light vehicles and Dozers D9/D10/D11/475)
- Knowledge of VIMS, SIS diagnostic systems
- Knowledge on hydraulic systems and condition monitoring
Ref No: MMS044/23GS
Closing date: 07 June 2023
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s
license must be accompanied with your application.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets. All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.